Monday, 6 February 2012

Pre - Production Log (week 1)

This week, we have started our coursework. We are only in the first stage of our planning process, and have been informed of what there will be to come. Our project is to make a 2 minute opening sequence for a film, based on British Social Realism. Since we are British ourselves, this might appear simple, but yet there will be some challenges ahead. But I know we will overcome these hurdles and finish this project to a high standard.

On Tuesday we went on a media trip to seven kings high school, where there were various workshops and talks by successful people in the media field. It was interesting to see, that there are lots of things you can do with media. We also looked at some other peoples work, which were inspiring. This trip helped me to recap everything that we have learnt and also most importantly, gave me a lot of ideas of what I can use for opening sequence.

On Thursday, we were given the level 4 criteria and the coursework mark scheme. We used the mark scheme to analyse 2 past students’ blogs;

Blog 1

Blog 2

Analysing and marking these blogs, gave me an idea of how my blog should be and how much detail I need to put in. Both blogs had their strengths and weaknesses, but I thought blog 2 was better overall, because she went into more detail with her planning and evaluation. These blogs have also helped me to realise that my blog is just one big scrapbook, and any ideas I get, I should just plonk them onto my blog, because it is all part of the planning process. When we were analysing the blogs, I noticed that they were extremely long; this is because they put in all their ideas. This is not just to get marks, when it comes down to the actual filming, we can look back at different ideas, which will help us make the most amazing 2 minute opening sequence ever.

So from my first production log, I say let the games begin…

No comments:

Post a Comment