This is part of our research, where we went around to people asking them specific questions to help us with our planning for our idea.
Questions asked in VOX POPS!!!
1) Do you watch British Social Realism films, if so why?
2) What kind of issues would you want dealt with in films?
3) What character would you relate to most in a film?
4) What do you think of an abusive father?
5) How would react to strong domestic violence?
6) What would you do if you were being abused by your parents?
7) What do you think of this synopsis,
“15 year old girl is abused by her father, but she keeps it to herself, the pain gets bigger, the scars get worse, she gets pregnant”
From this research I have gained a lot of ideas that we can use in our opening sequence. Firstly a lot of people would want drugs, sex and alcohol in films. Which can be dealt with and is a good idea for a British Social Realism film, but, I think it is too common because it is already in most or every other film. Secondly, all the people that we interviewed said that they like the idea of an abusive father. I also think this idea is really good, because it is uncommon, you do not see it much in films. Also because many people, especially children would have been through this, so it is something they can relate to, so I think it is a good idea, which we will stick with. When they were asked, what would they do if they were being abused by their parents, they said they would either call child line or tell someone. However, people actually in this situation, I think would not tell anyone, because they would be too afraid, so I think that is something we can linger on for our idea. Finally, everyone liked the synopsis, because they thought we could do a lot with it and because it would be a great controversial topic to deal with, also because many people can relate to it. Although, one person said, that because we said that she becomes pregnant, it gives too much away, they said the story has already been told. Yet I think that because we are only filming the opening sequence of a film, we will not have to portray or even include that she is pregnant. I think for the opening sequence, all we need to show that is, the girl is being abused by her father, so what will she do about it.
I think this research will be very helpful for when planning our idea, and for the actual video. But most importantly it was a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment